DAX Foam - RollsSKU# DAX55-050-48540
DAX Fire Hardened Transportation Foam is is a highly flame resistant polyurethane foam for transportation applications. It meets all flammability requirements for the Aerospace, Automotive, and Rail industries. DAX is one of the few foams on the market capable of passing the stringent FAR 25.853(c) oil burn for seat cushion (fireblock) test on its own, without the use of a fire blocking layer.
DAX foam is currently available in 48" x 45' rolls for some varieties and in 72" x 36" sheets. Includes FAA burn certificate for 25.853(a).
||Density (pcf)||Firmness (ILD)|
DAX foam passes the following flammability standards. Other standards not listed below are also applicable. Contact us for details.
- California Technical Bulletin 117
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(a), Part I of Appendix F (Vertical Burn)
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(c), Part II of Appendix F (Oil Burn for Seat Cushions)
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(d), Parts IV and V of Appendix F (Heat Release & Smoke Density)
- Boeing BSS 7239 & Airbus AITM 3.0005 (Combustion Toxicity)
- FMVSS-302 (Automotive Flammability)
This product greatly exceeds automotive flammability standards. More cost-effective (but more flammable) alternatives may be available.
|• This product is acceptable for use in all types aircraft and rotorcraft.
• Can pass the 14 CFR 25.853(c) Oil Burn for Seat Cushion without a fire blocking layer when paired with a suitable dress cover. (Note: A dress cover passing 25.853(a) does not necessarily mean it will perform well during the Oil Burn test).
• Use of a Fire Blocking Fabric can greatly increase cushion performance during testing.
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Marine applications.|
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Railway applications.|