Galaxy Foam - SheetsSKU# GXY25-100-5440
Bramport Galaxy FoamTM is a graphite-based polyurethane foam designed to meet the stringent fire testing requirements for the aerospace and rail industries. Galaxy Foam is capable of passing the FAR 25.853(c) oil burn test without the use of a fireblock layer. This is a cost-effective alternative to DAX foam for certain installations.
Sold in 54" x 40" sheets. Also available in rolls.
||Density (pcf)||Firmness (ILD)|
Galaxy FoamTM passes the following flammability standards. Other standards not listed below are also applicable. Contact us for details.
- California Technical Bulletin 117
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(a), Part I of Appendix F (Vertical Burn)
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(c), Part II of Appendix F (Oil Burn for Seat Cushions)
- FMVSS-302 (Automotive Flammability)
This product greatly exceeds automotive flammability standards.
• This product is acceptable for use in all types aircraft and rotorcraft.
• Can pass the 14 CFR 25.853(c) Oil Burn for Seat Cushion without a fire blocking layer when paired with a suitable dress cover. (Note: A dress cover passing 25.853(a) does not necessarily mean it will perform well during the Oil Burn test).
• Use of a Fire Blocking Fabric can greatly increase cushion performance during testing.
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Marine applications.|
Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Railway applications.