Galaxy Foam - Rolls with ScrimSKU# GXY25-S-025-52300
MORE 1/2" GXY25 ROLLS EXPECTED SOON!
Bramport Galaxy FoamTM is a graphite-based polyurethane foam designed to meet the stringent fire testing requirements for the aerospace and rail industries. These rolls are laminated with a fire-retardant fabric with two-way stretch.
Galaxy FoamTM is capable of passing the FAR 25.853(c) oil burn test without the use of a fireblock layer. This is a cost-effective alternative to DAX foam for certain installations.
||Density (pcf)||Firmness (ILD)|
85% Cotton; 15% Elastomer
Galaxy FoamTM passes the following flammability standards. Other standards not listed below are also applicable. Contact us for details.
- California Technical Bulletin 117
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(a), Part I of Appendix F (Vertical Burn)
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(c), Part II of Appendix F (Oil Burn for Seat Cushions)
- FMVSS-302 (Automotive Flammability)
This product greatly exceeds automotive flammability standards.
• This product is acceptable for use in all types aircraft and rotorcraft.
• Can pass the 14 CFR 25.853(c) Oil Burn for Seat Cushion without a fire blocking layer when paired with a suitable dress cover. (Note: A dress cover passing 25.853(a) does not necessarily mean it will perform well during the Oil Burn test).
• Use of a Fire Blocking Fabric can greatly increase cushion performance during testing.
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Marine applications.|
Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Railway applications.