Metzeler FRM-C (MP) Fire Hard FoamSKU# MTZ-FRMC45-200-8040
Metzeler METZOPROTECT FRM-C foam is a highly flame resistant polyurethane foam for transportation applications. It meets all flammability requirements for the Aerospace, Automotive, and Rail industries. METZOPROTECT FRM-C is one of the few foams on the market capable of passing the stringent FAR 25.853(c) oil burn for seat cushion (fireblock) test on its own, without the use of a fire blocking layer.
Currently only available in 2" thickness, 80" L x 40" W.
||Density (pcf)||Firmness (ILD)|
|FRM-C 45 (MP 45)||2.8||40-50|
|FRM-C 55 (MP 55)||3.4||50-60|
|FRM-C 65 (MP 65)||4.1||60-70|
Each order includes an FAA burn certificate for 25.853(a). Furthermore, METZOPROTECT foam passes the following flammability standards. Other standards not listed below are also applicable. Contact us for details.
- California Technical Bulletin 117
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(a), Part I of Appendix F (Vertical Burn)
- 14 CFR (FAR) 25.853(c), Part II of Appendix F (Oil Burn for Seat Cushions)
- FMVSS-302 (Automotive Flammability)
This product greatly exceeds automotive flammability standards. More cost-effective (but more flammable) alternatives may be available.
|• This product is acceptable for use in all types aircraft and rotorcraft.
• Can pass the 14 CFR 25.853(c) Oil Burn for Seat Cushion without a fire blocking layer when paired with a suitable dress cover. (Note: A dress cover passing 25.853(a) does not necessarily mean it will perform well during the Oil Burn test).
• Use of a Fire Blocking Fabric can greatly increase cushion performance during testing.
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Marine applications.|
|Unknown at this time whether this material is acceptable for use in Railway applications.|